Amazon Associates Affiliate Program – Experiment 2
Experiment 2 – Native Ads and Links on Product Pages, SnugHarborproductions.com
This website is a hobby-business that I run in memory of my grandfather and his best friend. For each product that I list for sale, I will look for an Amazon.com equivalent to link to.
- This method uses Amazon-generated native banners. It will open in the Amazon App for mobile users.
- Example at https://snugharborproductions.com/product/american-origins-by-david-b-trimble
- This is a very targetted 15-year-old niche website with only a few visitors per month.
December 2019: This was the first project I jumped on after being re-approved for Amazon Associates! It should be fairly quick and easy to implement.
July 2020 Update: People have purchased digital downloads from my website. And they have purchased the paperbacks from Amazon. I expected to have affiliate commission on a few orders by now. But so far, nothing.
Amazon Associate Experiments
- Experiement Intro – Summary of my experiment and overall timeline.
- Experiment 0 – The Amazon Associates aStore (Discontinued) My 2008 Amazon Associates experience. aStores were discontinued in 2017.
- Experiment 1 – Links and Banners Embedded Amazon generated links and banners, embedded in my articles. Can open the Amazon App for an easy mobile shopping experience.
- Experiment 2 – Native ads and links on product pages. Amazon generated links and banners, embedded on my WooCommerce product pages. (I offer a product on my website, also show a link for a similar Amazon item.)
- Experiment 3 – WooZone plugin for WooCommerce using On-Site cart. This option looks like I am selling items from my own website. But when visitors try to check out, they are directed to an Amazon page that can auto-fill their cart. Downside: The Amazon page is not mobile-friendly.
- Experiment 4 – WooZone Plugin for WooCommerce NOT using on-site cart. This option can look like I am selling items from my own website. But instead of adding an item to the cart, you will be taken to the product information page on Amazon.